From: Sean Owen [mailto:srowen@google.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 2:29 PM
To: Sullivan, Bryan
Cc: BPWG-Public
Subject: Re: FW: ACTION-660: Input to BP2, on Security and Privacy

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Sullivan, Bryan <BS3131@att.com> wrote:
>  [bryan] This recommendation addresses the basic ability to protect
> user  personally identifiable information. It can be considered the
> root of  privacy protections generally, enabling primarily the
> confidentiality  and integrity of information. Note that given
> confidentiality and  integrity in transit, the "trust" in the source
> (or authenticity) of the  information is a different aspect, which we
> might address, but is more  difficult as trust depends upon larger
> issues which are not as easily  verifiable as confidentiality and
> integrity. We welcome suggestions for  other recommendations in this
area.

[srowen] My $0.02 again here is that the general statements here so far
aren't mobile specific. I can imagine there could be a *lot* to say
about location information, access to the camera (?), and access to
contacts. But I had kinda thought we were still talking about web apps,
and so a lot of that probably doesn't come up.