W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-bpwg@w3.org > August 2008

[minutes] Thursday August 28 teleconf

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:53:55 +0200
To: public-bpwg <public-bpwg@w3.org>
Message-Id: <1219935235.8456.72.camel@localhost>

Hi,

The minutes of our teleconf today are available at:
http://www.w3.org/2008/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html

This was mostly a warming up call after our August break.
Some reminders:
 * register for the upcoming F2F meeting during TPAC 2008 at:
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2008/
 * deadline for discounted rate at the hotel is Sep 8
 * get renominated in the group under the new charter by your AC Rep
before September 13, through
http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/37584/join
 * review, do and update your actions items:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/users/my

The group as a whole need to review:
 * the accompanying WAI documents on mobile and accessibility:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/mobile/experiences-new.html
http://www.w3.org/WAI/mobile/experiences-format.html
 * the draft mobileOK scheme document:
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/Drafts/mobileOK-Trustmark/20080806.html
 * the latest version of the former mobileOK Pro document:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Jul/att-0103/ED-mobileOK-pro10-tests-20080731.htm

The minutes are copied as text below.

Dom

        Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference

28 Aug 2008

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Aug/0030.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/28-bpwg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          jeffs, DKA, dom, yeliz, jo, hgerlach, rob_finean, drooks,
          Kai_Dietrich, nacho, abel, SeanP, miguel

   Regrets
          Francois, Adam, Manrique, Murari, AlanC, Scott, Pontus, EdM

   Chair
          Jo

   Scribe
          Dan

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Welcome back
         2. [6]CT Taskforce Report
         3. [7]Korean TF
         4. [8]Checker TF
         5. [9]Update on Mobile Web Accessibility
         6. [10]BP 1.5
         7. [11]MobileOK Scheme
         8. [12]Applications Best Practices (BP2)
         9. [13]ISSUE-222
        10. [14]Widgets Requirements Feedback
        11. [15]Renewed charter
        12. [16]Registration for Cannes F2F
        13. [17]f2f?
        14. [18]AOB?
        15. [19]Issues & Actions Review
     * [20]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

Welcome back

CT Taskforce Report

   Jo: I'll give this report. We're in LC for the CT guidelines.
   There's been some discussion on the document - quite a lot of which
   has been quite useful.
   ... anyone want to bring up any points that have come out on the
   public feedback?
   ... We'll leave it to the CT task force to consider those points and
   respond appropriately.

Korean TF

   Jo: We'll skip for the time being since no rep.

Checker TF

   Jo: Any updates?

   Abel: we have some updates pending - updates of the documentation -
   but nothing signifigant.

Update on Mobile Web Accessibility

   <hgerlach> apologize, I have2leave

   Yeliz: The updated documents are online. Since the last call, EO wg
   has reviewed these and they have comments - latest comments are
   addressed.
   ... EO is happy with these documents.

   <yeliz> [21]http://www.w3.org/WAI/mobile/experiences-new.html

     [21] http://www.w3.org/WAI/mobile/experiences-new.html

   <yeliz> [22]http://www.w3.org/WAI/mobile/experiences-format.html

     [22] http://www.w3.org/WAI/mobile/experiences-format.html

   Jo: these should be considered final, right?

   Yeliz: yes.

   Jo: Do you have a suggestion, Dan, to make sure people have time to
   consider?

   DKA: Maybe a web form will help ensure it gets the consideration it
   needs?

   Jo: Yes makes sense. I'll work with Francois to do this. We should
   set a deadline of a couple weeks.

   <jo> ACTION: Jo to work with _DAN_ and Francois to set up a web
   form, deadline a couple of weeks [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-826 - Work with _DAN_ and Francois to set
   up a web form, deadline a couple of weeks [on Jo Rabin - due
   2008-09-04].

BP 1.5

   Jo: Status?

   Kai: The last action was to incorporate decisions made in last f2f
   meetings - I had concluded no action needed.

   Jo: We're waiting for group feedback and consensus - we need a form
   maybe?

   DKA: We will need to do additional work to turn it from Mok Pro into
   BP 1.5

   Kai: I've done some of that but it needs feedback from the group.
   ... I'd like feedback that the format is correct.
   ... we need a once-over by the group that it's what we want to
   publish as a note.
   ... Should it be "BP 1.5"?

   <dom> [24]Latest version of the former mobileOK pro document

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/mobileOKPro/drafts/ED-mobileOK-pro10-tests-20080610

   Jo: No that's the short name for "addendum to bp 1.0"
   ... Let's discuss on list and come back to it next week. I will
   raise an issue.

   <Kai> dom, that is not the last version. need to look for it in
   mail.

   <dom> ah, sorry

   <jo> ISSUE: Next steps on the conversion of mobileOK Pro to the
   Addendum to BP 1.0

   <trackbot> Created ISSUE-271 - Next steps on the conversion of
   mobileOK Pro to the Addendum to BP 1.0 ; please complete additional
   details at
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/271/edit .

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/271/edit

   <dom> [26]latest version of former mobileOK pro document (for good)

     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Jul/att-0103/ED-mobileOK-pro10-tests-20080731.htm

   Kai: that [what Dom posted in] is not the correct URL.
   ... yes that's [the latest Dom posted] is the correct one.

MobileOK Scheme

   <dom> [27]mobileOK Scheme

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/Drafts/mobileOK-Trustmark/20080806.html

   <dom> [28]Francois' comments on mobileOK scheme

     [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Aug/0022.html

   Jo: Just before we closed down for the summer, Phil Archer took a
   crack at this document. I then worked on it. Between us we've
   created a very rough draft of MobileOK scheme. Some comments from
   Francois. I will find some time to knock it into better shape in
   next week or so.
   ... Anything else on MobileOK scheme?

Applications Best Practices (BP2)

   Jo: any speakers on BP2?

   [crickets]

   Jo: ok let's discuss next week.

ISSUE-222

   <dom> ISSUE-222?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-222 -- TAG Finding on Alternative Representations
   -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/222

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/222

   Jo: Communication with TAG on TAG finding on alternate
   representations. I've heard informally from the TAG that they've
   noted our comments. No formal feedback as things stand. Nothing
   really to discuss...

   DKA: Does it make sense to have discussion on this at the TPAC?

   <dom> should we close issue-222 now? or do we need to keep tracking
   it?

   Jo: When we get formal feedback we can pursue that.

   DKA: We could make an informal ... something...

   Jo: Informally yes but not formally informally (formerly).

   Dom: I think we only need to keep issues open when there's something
   that merits discussion - we've done all we can do so [maybe we
   should close the issue].

   <jeffs> close it

   Jo: Any objections to closing ISSUE-222?

   [no objections noted]

   <jo> close ISSUE-222

Widgets Requirements Feedback

   Jo: Brian formulated some suggestions and sent it over. Most of them
   made it in, most were then taken out again. Any other comments?
   ... We should note this and move on.

Renewed charter

   Jo: How long do people have to sign up and what progress has there
   been?

   Dom: You have to be re-nominated by your AC member otherwise you'll
   get kicked out.

   [didn't catch list]

   <dom> [30]http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/37584/join

     [30] http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/37584/join

   <dom> [31]http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/37584/status

     [31] http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/37584/status

   <dom> [32]http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/37584/discrepancies

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/37584/discrepancies

   Dom: Only some of them have renominated.

   I've just done Vodafone.

   Jo: I think we need an email to go out to folks who have not
   renominated.

   Dom: There will be a reminder going out in next couple of days.

   Jo: For those on the call, please note what Dom said.

Registration for Cannes F2F

f2f?

   <dom> [33]current registrants for BPWG F2F at TPAC

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2008/registrants#mwbp

   <dom> [13 registrants so far]

   <dom> [discounted rate until September 8
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/TPAC/Overview.html#Hotel ]

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/TPAC/Overview.html#Hotel

   DKA: We need to discuss what we hope to achieve at the f2f. What
   documents are we hoping to work on? What focused sessions do we
   need? What joint sessions do we need to organize (e.g. TAG or
   POWDER).

   Jo: Needs discussion on the list, etc...

AOB?

   [none]

Issues & Actions Review

   <dom> ACTION-821?

   <trackbot> ACTION-821 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to officialize
   the ETSI liasion on the W3C side -- due 2008-07-31 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/821

     [35] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/821

   Jo: What do we need to know about the ETSI liaison Dom?

   <dom> ACTION-814?

   <trackbot> ACTION-814 -- Daniel Appelquist to get back to ETSI in
   accordance with above resolution -- due 2008-07-24 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/814

     [36] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/814

   Dom: I've done what needs to happen on W3C side to make the liaison
   happen. Has the letter gone out to ETSI telling them we accept?

   <dom> close ACTION-821

   <trackbot> ACTION-821 Officialize the ETSI liasion on the W3C side
   closed

   Jo: Yes I did that.
   ... Lack of clarity here.

   <dom> close ACTION-814

   <trackbot> ACTION-814 Get back to ETSI in accordance with above
   resolution closed

   Jo: I will follow up with ETSI to find out what's going on.

   <jo> ACTION: JO to follow up on what happened to ETSI liaison at
   their end [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-827 - Follow up on what happened to ETSI
   liaison at their end [on Jo Rabin - due 2008-09-04].

   <dom> ACTION-825?

   <trackbot> ACTION-825 -- Jo Rabin to send final draft ref ISSUE-222
   in 1 week -- due 2008-08-07 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/825

     [38] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/825

   Jo: Has anyone heard anything from Chaals over the last few weeks?

   DKA: I can confirm he's alive.

   <dom> ACTION-801?

   <trackbot> ACTION-801 -- Daniel Appelquist to thanks Chaals for
   producing the draft of mok scheme, to apologise on the group's
   behalf for not responding sooner and to draw his attention to the
   resolution taken on its contents -- due 2008-07-31 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/801

     [39] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/801

   <dom> might be closable

   Jo: You did that, didn't you, Dan.

   <dom> close ACTION-801

   <trackbot> ACTION-801 Thanks Chaals for producing the draft of mok
   scheme, to apologise on the group's behalf for not responding sooner
   and to draw his attention to the resolution taken on its contents
   closed

   DKA: yes. I did.

   <jo> close ACTION-801

   <trackbot> ACTION-801 Thanks Chaals for producing the draft of mok
   scheme, to apologise on the group's behalf for not responding sooner
   and to draw his attention to the resolution taken on its contents
   closed

   <dom> close ACTION-822

   <trackbot> ACTION-822 Respond to Shawn to say we are looking at it
   and will get back to them when we get back from the break closed

   <dom> close ACTION-825

   <trackbot> ACTION-825 Send final draft ref ISSUE-222 in 1 week
   closed

   ACTION-799

   ACTION-799?

   <trackbot> ACTION-799 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to get back to
   rigo on updating the mobileOK license -- due 2008-07-24 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/799

     [40] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/799

   <jeffs> I have 1

   Dom: I did that but still pending.

   ACTION-820?

   <trackbot> ACTION-820 -- Jeffrey Sonstein to look at providing
   examples for accessibility document -- due 2008-08-28 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/820

     [41] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/820

   Jeff: I finally located someone from our national technical
   institute for the deaf who can work with me on this.
   ... please leave it in pending.

   Jo: Thanks all.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: JO to follow up on what happened to ETSI liaison at
   their end [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jo to work with _DAN_ and Francois to set up a web
   form, deadline a couple of weeks [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 28 August 2008 14:55:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 28 August 2008 14:55:13 GMT