Re: iPhone ad rapped as 'misleading'

I do not disagree with anything you wrote, Heath. Apple is not doing
anything for its good heart. They are simply doing things that make
business sense for the company.

Having said this, I also look at it from another perspective. The mobile
web has been (and it still is for the most part) fully controlled by
operators (for the good and for the bad). By leveraging its powerful
brand, Apple has boldly gone where no one else had gone before by
creating a model which disrupted the rules other device manufacturers
had to abide by. They created the device and operators were virtually
forced to sell it for them.
This is revolutionary and creates an opening in a world that was always
closed. This will lead the way for others to do the same and make it
easier for the mobile ecosystem to thrive without operators' consent.

For this reason, I am not too keen on attacking Apple on the grounds
that they are forcing iTunes on everyone. I prefer to enjoy the moment
when carriers are no longer the only path, knowing that other companies
will follow suite.

BTW, this should create new opportunities for HP too, don't you think?
do you guys already have an iPhone competitor?

Luca