Re: New draft 1h of Content Transformation Guidelines - Candidate for FPWD

Hi Jo,

Le jeudi 03 avril 2008 à 17:34 +0100, Jo Rabin a écrit :
> Please take the time to read this draft, which will be the subject of
> a resolution to transition to FPWD on the members' call next Thursday
> (2008-04-10).

Thanks for all the work on this document! It looks extremely good, and
in a really good shape for a FPWD.

A few comments below, most of which I don't think needs to be
incorporated before FPWD.

* the title speaks of "Content Transformation"; the document seems to
focus (reasonably) on content transformation in the mobile context;
maybe this should be reflected in the title?

* The Abstract could be clarified, avoiding to use jargon as much as
possible; something like
"This document provides guidance for content providers and content
transformation proxies on how they can better work together to deliver
Web content to mobile devices."

* "The overall objective of this document is to provide a means [...]
for users to be provided with at least a "functional user experience" of
the Web, when mobile"
-> is "when mobile" supposed to apply to "users"? I think it should
mention mobile devices somewhere.

* I offer the attached diagram (in PNG, SVG) to replace the ASCII art of
3.1

Dom