Re: Mobile Markup Test

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:21:55 +0200
To: Herwig Feichtinger <hf@isdn-capi.de>
Cc: public-bpwg@w3.org

Le vendredi 08 juin 2007 à 11:17 +0200, Herwig Feichtinger a écrit :
> "1. The page is not valid with regard to the XHTML Basic 1.1 DTD."
>
> This surprises me since the page perfectly validates as
> XHTML in the general validator:
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=www.shamrock.de%2Fpda

I have had a look at it, and the problem is as follow:
 * you're using XHTML MP (which is indeed OK for mobileOK)
 * XHTML MP 1.0 allows the style attribute, XHTML Basic 1.0 didn't, and
XHTML Basic 1.1 doesn't but will

In other word, the current DTD offered by XHTML Basic 1.1 doesn't
recognize the style attribute; as far as I know, this should be fixed
when XHTML Basic 1.1 gets updated (hopefully in the near future), but in
the meantime, the check is simply applying the algorithm as it is
defined in mobileOK Basic.

Thanks for the feedback,

Dom