Re: [AUTO_REFRESH] in Comments on AccessibilityTF draft 0b

About [AUTO_REFRESH] Do not create periodically auto-refreshing pages,
unless you have informed the user and provided a means of stopping it.

Document says: Does it give me WCAG 1.0 compliance?: As long as
auto-refresh is not used, this BP ensures compliance with WCAG 1.0
checkpoint 7.4, "Until user agents provide the ability to stop the
refresh, do not create periodically auto-refreshing pages". At the
time of writing user agents do not allow the user to disable
auto-refresh (do they?).

On 17/10/2007, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com> wrote:
> CMN: Opera does. Do others? It can be done easily enough in a script
> extension, so I would be surprised if they were not available for browsers
> that don't do this natively.

AKC: I don't think that user scripts are sufficiently widely used to
be considered. Some user agents (among which Opera) do allow the user
to disable auto-refresh, but at least one widely used one (FF) doesn't
I believe so the whole set of UAs can not be considered as allowing
it. On the other hand the content could be adapted for those that
don't, something this document doesn't cover at present. So I take
your point, but I've left the text as it stands for now.

--
Email: achuter@technosite.es
Blogs