Re: Mobile Best Practices

Hi Muriel -- my personal view is that you should be able to use any
editor you like and still create good mobile markup. I personally use
my IDE to edit markup (IntelliJ, FWIW) or just a command-line editor
like vim.

The reason I like my IDE is that it will validate markup on the fly
and show me invalid tags, or even help me fill in values properly,
like height/width attributes on img tags. I imagine Eclipse or other
commercial tools like Dreamweaver do the same sort of thing. I would
personally recommend any tool that takes steps like this to help you
create valid markup since valid markup is a best practice of course
and helps interoperability.

Of course it would be nice if tools integrated mobileOK tests
directly. We are working on a validation library in Java right now
that would allow, say, someone to write an Eclipse plugin that would
automatically check compliance. It's still months away from completion
but is well underway.

Sean