Re: CACHING and CONTENT_FORMAT_SUPPORT problem.

Hi,

Le jeudi 09 novembre 2006 à 14:31 +0200, Recep Kocur a écrit :
> 2 Problems. I not found repair. Results of Checking
> http://people.sabanciuniv.edu/recepkocur/mobile/test1.html
> This page failed on 2 tests
>      1. The page is not served with a cache control header.
>         This test is related to the following Best Practices: CACHING
>         (techniques)

This message shows (although probably not very clearly) that your site
isn't served with caching directives; in this case, it lacks information
about expiration of the freshness of the data through an HTTP header
(either Expires: or Max-Age:).

With Apache, these headers are set when configured with the Expires*
configuration directive:
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/techs/CachingOnApache

I don't know if you have any way to update your configuration in that
respect, given that you seem to be in a shared hosting environment, but
you may be able to set these directives using .htaccess configuration
file.

>      1. The page has text/html as a media type; that media type is not
>         supported by Default Delivery Context.
>         This test is related to the following Best Practices:
>         CONTENT_FORMAT_SUPPORT (techniques) CONTENT_FORMAT_PREFERRED
>         (techniques)

In this case, the checker notes that the content is not served with the
proper media type: XHTML Basic is supposed to be served with a media
type set to application/xhtml+xml, not text/html. I quickly wrote a
technique in the wiki to clarify that point:
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/techs/ServingXhtmlWithApache

Hope this helps,

Dom