RE: Mobile WAP 3.0 initiative

From: Rhys Lewis <rhys.lewis@volantis.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:08:24 -0000
To: "Wendy Fischer" <wendy.fischer@motricity.com>, <public-bpwg@w3.org>
Wendy,

The W3C may just have announced something that covers this area. There is a new Rich Web Client activity, which includes the Web API Working Group.

This group's charter is at http://www.w3.org/2006/webapi/admin/charter. It specifically mentions AJAX. It is also targeted at both desktop and mobile environments.

The overall announcement is on the W3C home page at http://www.w3.org/

Best wishes

Rhys