RE: Best Practices document - not best practices

Dear All,

Further to the message below I was having a discussion offline with Luca
regarding the capabilities of HTML.  When looking at the WURFL site I
note that the real content of the page (not the links or the photos but
the meat of the page ... i.e. text about WURFL ...)  ... is towards the
bottom of the HTML.  I rather suspect that HTML tools deliberately put
"meat" text at the bottom of the HTML.  Why is this?  Wouldn't it make
more sense to have the tool put the "meat" at the top and then put the
descriptive stuff (stylesheet info) towards the bottom?  Or even allow
browsers to load ONLY the text in case they are not capable or bandwidth
constrained for receiving rich content descriptions?  Are the tools we
have as flexible as HTML in the first place or does the fault lie in
HTML?  Or is it to do with the way we have crafted stylesheets onto
HTML?

I also note that more and more websites are hard to view in smaller
windows as Daniel points out.  One of the points of a Windows-based
system is that you can view several things at the same time!  Scrolling
left and right in this situation is horrible!

Regards,

Kevin