Re: Tests 4.32 onwards

Thanks Alan, some comments inline below

Alan Chuter wrote:
> ** 4.32 Suitable
> The examples of SUITABLE should perhaps include one of
> an outsize page of text.

I agree - but this runs into the problem that Manrique has highlighted -
that the DDC does not specify a page height, only a page width (120px).

We could say that any image wider than 120px is a FAIL but the X-Ray
example (and perhaps a map) would work against that.

We could perhaps take an external measurement, something akin to "if the
amount of text, when rendered in 10pt, fills more than a side of A4 FAIL" ??

> I wonder whether perhaps the limit for this could be
> quantified based on device characteristics like screen
> size, memory, bandwidth etc. Probably not, but it's
> worth considering.

Indeed.

> ** 4.33 Tab Order
>
> "logical or thematic order" could perhaps say
> something about the designer's intention.

Can you suggest something, I don't think I quite grasp what you mean.

> **4.34 Tables Layout
> I think that when there is an auto test, this should
> be the first step in the test procedure.

Agreed, so we're talking about how it's presented in the text here. The
"Differences to mobileOK Basic Tests" section says: "In addition to the
mobileOK Basic Test, this test checks usage for layout." and then we get
to the MOK Pro test itself: "If tables are used in a fashion that could
be achieved using CSS [FAIL]"

Not good enough?

> ** 4.36 Testing
> The BP doesn't mention validation. I think you could
> have invalid markup and then use emulators and real
> devices to test in many ways with no problem (without
> stumbling upon the hypothetical problem). So
> validation isn't required here, I think. I really
> strongly suggest that there be no test for this BP.

You're reading the doc - which I didn't change - and not my comments in
the e-mail. My basic suggestion is that a MOK Pro claim should list the
devices on which the content was tested, rather than try and prescribe a
repeatable test for this one.

Phil.