Re: [minutes] CT Call 6 january 2009

On 12 Jan 2009, at 23:16, Sean Patterson wrote:

> Unambiguously mobile sites should not be transformed by a CT proxy
> except:
> *  in cases where the transformation is needed in order to make the
> site
> useable and/or display properly on the user's device, or
> *  if the user has given explicit permission to the CT proxy to apply
> transformations to mobile sites.

If we're to have any explicit exceptions, I'll put a vote in for their
being more specific. IIRC we've already removed language from CTG
which referenced terms like "usable" because it wasn't felt to be
testable, and therefore left room for ambiguity.

As they stand, I think they would permit any proxy to transcode mobile
content. After all, would anyone deploy a transcoder with the
intention of doing anything other than improving the user experience?

--
Future Platforms Ltd
e: Tom.Hume@futureplatforms.com