Re: [minutes] CT Call 6 january 2009

Tom Hume wrote:

> In the spirit of the current conversation, do you have any data you
> can reference to back up your assertion that most of those sites are
> mobile already?

Not yet. I am simply inferring this from the fact that serving a regular
web site as xml+xhtml is a recipe for disaster, so no sane webmaster
would use anything else but text/html.
I am confident that data will show that those 935 are mostly mobile
sites (for which xml+xhtml makes sense) plus a handful of "insane"
webmasters.
Question: if I do, will CTG include xml+xhtml as a valid heuristic to
identify mobile content?

> Google tells me the pasdarans are the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. Are
> you positing a link between them and the W3C now? ;)
I was actually referring to XML guards. XML lovers who will go out of
their way to demonstrate that pure XHTML is a viable alternative to HTML
already today (it isn't). Those people exist, they are responsible for
negligible amount of web content (<0.001%) and their paths have
typically crossed the one of W3C (which does not mean that they are
necessarily affiliated to W3C, just that they are intimately familiar
with everything W3C produces).

Luca