Re: Web browsers, HTTP and transcoding

Coming in the middle of this thread:

The third bullet of 4.3.6 [1] says that you should look at the content
type. We've examined and re-examined specifying what a CT proxy should
look for and decided not to include examples. No reason why we shouldn't
re-re-examine!

Also, the current 4.2.2 [2] specifies that the server must send a
no-transform if one is received, and this is specifically to allow XHR
requests with no-transform to achieve what they expected, which is get
an untransformed response. However, we have received objections to
stating this as it is said to be inventing a new protocol or profiling HTTP.

Jo

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-ct-guidelines-20080801/#sec-proxy-decision-to-transform
[2]