RE: CT Proxies and Forward Caches

Jo, Francois, Bryan,
Thanks for the responses. IMO absence of standardization in this space
will cause caches built in CT or otherwise to implement heuristics based
solutions to deduce intent of CP or CT. That is less then desirable.

To avoid the extra round trip Francois pointed out, the CP can possible
serve an HTTP header (let us call it Presentation-URI) identifying
alternative representation served. The CT proxy or other caches will
need to pay attention to this new header. But, as long as Via header is
always included, they will be able to correctly cache and serve the
content.

The Presentation-URI does not have to be limited to the three groups. In
some cases the Presentation-URI can be very specific and say something
like www.example.com/Device_a. Won't that work?

-Umesh

Sirsiwal