Re: Linking to alternate representation in HTML responses using the Link element

Replying to myself after further investigations...

Dom reminded me that instead of "rev", which is probably correct but not
really ever used in practice, it is actually quite simple and
semantically valid to do the "linking to self" stuff with a <link>
element. The [uri] to set is simply... an empty string!

Leading to:
<link rel="alternate" media="handheld" type="[content-type]" href="" />

Indeed, the href attribute may be an absolute or a relative link, and
thus the empty string here means "current page", which is exactly what
we need for B) below.

Francois.