Re: [minutes] CT Call Tuesday 6 May 2008 Open AI

Thanks for the pointer Heiko,

I tend to think that, as a result of last weeks discussions, the
one-time URI problem is already being addressed in the guidelines - as
much as is possible, that is:
- we've put the emphasis to warn CT-vendors that issuing two requests
instead of one should be avoided whenever possible.
- that's the typical case where the server has to add a Cache-Control:
no-transform directive in the response.

I understand that means existing content may break, but the only other
solution would be to state that only one request has to be sent by the
CT-proxy and we'd re-enter the headers spoofing problem.

Plus: one-time URIs are not a "correct" use of HTTP. Even without
content transformation, there is nothing that guarantees that the user
actually received the response.

François.