De: public-bpwg-ct-request@w3.org [public-bpwg-ct-request@w3.org] En nombre de Francois Daoust [fd@w3.org]
Enviado el: martes, 06 de mayo de 2008 17:53
Para: Jo Rabin; public-bpwg-ct
Asunto: Linking to alternate resources

Not directly connected to the "confusing" part of the linking mechanism,
but re-reading today's minutes:

> Link element in HTML requests
>[...]
>    jo: exactly, it's a useful mechanism to link to more appropriate
>    versions but how can you identify what user-agents THIS version is
>    suitable for?

The mechanism being exactly the same as the one used to link to a CSS
style sheet, user-agent cannot be used for linking to alternate
representations, but CSS media queries should still be part of the
equation with the possibility to define something like:
        media="handheld and (max-device-width: 200px)"

I don't think anyone uses links to alternate representations with that
level of details for the time being though (and CSS media queries is a
Candidate Rec, not a Rec)

François.