From: "Francois Daoust" <fd@w3.org>
To: "Martin Jones" <martinj@volantis.com>
Cc: public-bpwg-ct@w3.org
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 10:45:09 AM GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal
Subject: Re: ACTION-682: Write a proposal on the HEAD request handling

Thanks again, Martin!

Martin Jones wrote:
> This is my proposed text for the treatment of HEAD requests from the
> clients. This would go somewhere in section 3.1.2:
>
> HEAD requests from clients
>
> [...] A proxy may convert a HEAD request into a GET request if the response body
> is required to allow the proxy to analyze the response content to
> determine the characteristics of the transformed response that it would
> return if the client issued a GET request. [...]

This sentence is a lengthy one, I'm just wondering if we could simplify
it a little bit to, say:
"A proxy may convert a HEAD request into a GET request if it requires
the response body to determine the characteristics of the transformed
response that it would return if the client issues a GET request."

François.