Re: ACTION-678: Raise and issue on the distinction between a CT proxy and (say) Opera Mini

As said during the call yesterday, I second your thoughts on this.
We haven't resolved anything yesterday to let other participants some
time to react.

I propose the following for resolution (or further discussion) next week:

PROPOSED RESOLUTION: unless the proxy is a non-transparent HTTP proxy, a
proprietary client/proxy content adaptation solution is a black box that
behaves like a regular User Agent as far as content providers are
concerned. As such, it is out of scope of our guidelines that only
address CT proxies.

(+1 to this)

and a QUESTION: do we append a note to explain this in the guidelines?

(-1 to this, as I think the definition of non-transparent proxy is enough)

Francois.