W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-bpwg-ct@w3.org > July 2008

[minutes] CT Call Tuesday 29 July 2008

From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:47:36 +0200
Message-ID: <488F2D88.6050501@w3.org>
To: public-bpwg-ct <public-bpwg-ct@w3.org>

Hi,

The minutes of today's call are available at:
http://www.w3.org/2008/07/29-bpwg-minutes.html

... and copied as text below.

We took some pretty cool resolutions today:

1. To close ISSUE-242:
- re. ISSUE-242, allow/disallow lists fit in "heuristics of various 
kinds" in 4.1.5.2. Do not mention allow/disallow lists explicitly on the 
grounds that we do not want to prescribe how a CT-proxy works internally.
- re. ISSUE-242, mention Administrative arrangements as out of scope in 
a non-normative appendix

2. To request the publication of the doc as Last Call:
- the CT TF resolves to ask the main body of the Best Practices Working 
to publish revision 1o (typos corrected version of 1n) of the Content 
Transformation Guidelines as a Last Call Working Draft

3. To go to the beach in August:
- no call on 5/12/19 August

The fate of the CT Task Force will be determined at the end of August. 
Let's wait and see what the Last Call brings.

Francois.



29 Jul 2008

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-ct/2008Jul/0040.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/07/29-bpwg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           rob, Francois, jo, SeanP

    Regrets
           Aaron, Bryan

    Chair
           francois

    Scribe
           Jo

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Example Transformations
          2. [6]HTTPS link re-writing
          3. [7]Conformance Section
          4. [8]Other changes in last 2 drafts
          5. [9]Allow/Disallow Lists
          6. [10]Persistent Expression of User Preferences
          7. [11]Moving to Last Call
          8. [12]Outstanding Actions
          9. [13]Future of the TF
      * [14]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

Example Transformations

    fd: thanx for the updated doc, jo updated the text in the appendices
    but didn't follow the actions exactly

    <francois> ACTION-815?

    <trackbot> ACTION-815 -- Andrew Swainston to write some text for CT
    Appendix B.4 -- due 2008-07-29 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/815

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/815

    rob: let's just close the actions then

    <francois> Close ACTION-815

    <trackbot> ACTION-815 Write some text for CT Appendix B.4 closed

    <francois> ACTION-816?

    <trackbot> ACTION-816 -- Sean Patterson to write some text for CT
    Appendix B.2 -- due 2008-07-29 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/816

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/816

    <francois> Close ACTION-816

    <trackbot> ACTION-816 Write some text for CT Appendix B.2 closed

    <francois> ACTION-817?

    <trackbot> ACTION-817 -- Robert Finean to write some text for CT
    Appendix B.5 -- due 2008-07-29 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/817

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/817

    <francois> Close ACTION-817

    <trackbot> ACTION-817 Write some text for CT Appendix B.5 closed

    <francois> ACTION-818?

    <trackbot> ACTION-818 -- François Daoust to write some text for CT
    Appendix B.3 -- due 2008-07-29 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/818

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/818

    <francois> Close ACTION-818

    <trackbot> ACTION-818 Write some text for CT Appendix B.3 closed

    fd: probably could do with more examples but that can wait till
    after LC

HTTPS link re-writing

    <francois> [19]HTTPS note

      [19] 
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/CT/editors-drafts/Guidelines/080724#sec-https-link-rewriting

    <francois> ACTION-819?

    <trackbot> ACTION-819 -- Jo Rabin to add a note per resolution on CT
    3.3.6.3 on end to end security -- due 2008-07-29 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/819

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/819

    fd: any comments?

    <francois> Close ACTION-819

    <trackbot> ACTION-819 Add a note per resolution on CT 3.3.6.3 on end
    to end security closed

    fd: then let's close the action

Conformance Section

    fd: this section was added in the latest draft based on text by me -
    a minor comment is that we use the term server and so it needs to be
    adjusted
    ... wanted to have a conformance section that follows the guidelines
    - two products that can claim conformance to the guidelines

    seanP: problem with the word server?

    fd: not a problem, it's just that the conformance statement says
    "origin server" and the statements all just say "server"
    ... so it needs amendment
    ... other comments?

Other changes in last 2 drafts

    fd: jo you acknowledged the typos sean and i submitted

    <francois> [21]Rev 1m announcement

      [21] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-ct/2008Jul/0025.html

    <francois> [22]Rev 1n announcement

      [22] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-ct/2008Jul/0035.html

    fd: no other comments?
    ... so let's take the resolution
    ... on the remaining issues

Allow/Disallow Lists

    <francois> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: re. ISSUE-242, allow/disallow lists
    fit in "heuristics of various kinds" in 4.1.5.2. Do not mention
    allow/disallow lists explicitly on the grounds that we do not want
    to prescribe how a CT-proxy works internally.

    fd: ref ISSUE-242

    +1

    <francois> +1

    <rob> +1

    <SeanP> +1

    RESOLUTION: re. ISSUE-242, allow/disallow lists fit in "heuristics
    of various kinds" in 4.1.5.2. Do not mention allow/disallow lists
    explicitly on the grounds that we do not want to prescribe how a
    CT-proxy works internally.

Persistent Expression of User Preferences

    <francois> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: re. ISSUE-242, mention
    Administrative arrangements as out of scope in a non-normative
    appendix

    +1

    <SeanP> +1

    <francois> +1

    <rob> +1

    RESOLUTION: re. ISSUE-242, mention Administrative arrangements as
    out of scope in a non-normative appendix

    <francois> Close ISSUE-242

Moving to Last Call

    <francois> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: the CT TF resolves to ask the main
    body of the Best Practices Working to publish revision 1n of the
    Content Transformation Guidelines as a Last Call Working Draft

    jo: I'll attend to the typos noted and produce a draft 1o later
    today or early tomorrow

    <francois> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: the CT TF resolves to ask the main
    body of the Best Practices Working to publish revision 1n of the
    Content Transformation Guidelines amended based on typos raised by
    Sean and Francois as a Last Call Working Draft

    PROPOSED RESOLUTION: the CT TF resolves to ask the main body of the
    Best Practices Working to publish revision 1o (typos corrected
    version of 1n) of the Content Transformation Guidelines as a Last
    Call Working Draft

    <rob> +1

    <francois> +1

    <SeanP> +1

    +1

    RESOLUTION: the CT TF resolves to ask the main body of the Best
    Practices Working to publish revision 1o (typos corrected version of
    1n) of the Content Transformation Guidelines as a Last Call Working
    Draft

    [Sounds of wild cheering]

Outstanding Actions

    <francois> [23]remaining opened actions

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/products/12

    fd: [runs quickly through outstanding actions]

    <francois> ACTION-811?

    <trackbot> ACTION-811 -- François Daoust to send a summary of the
    pagination note (3.1.4) to the mailing-list -- due 2008-07-22 --
    PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/811

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/811

    <francois> Close ACTION-811

    <trackbot> ACTION-811 Send a summary of the pagination note (3.1.4)
    to the mailing-list closed

Future of the TF

    fd: I don't have a clear view, suggest we wait
    ... there will be work to done on LC Comments
    ... probably the TF will have to handle
    ... and need CR exit criteria
    ... and the Landscape document to tidy up
    ... need a test suite

    rob: don't keep the Tuesday call just because of me

    fd: we will see how it goes depending on the work of the group
    ... don't need a call next week

    jo: I think we should request closure of TF as we have done what we
    were asked and the year is up, and so on

    fd: I just think that we should wait to see how many comments we get

    jo: OK, you are the boss (on this one!)

    fd: I am not trying to keep the TF open because I like chairing of
    course ...

    seanp: I think we should keep the tuesday time slot for now

    fd: if we find we don't have much to do then let's shut it down
    ... cancel next week, except if we get anything back from the WG
    ... plus no call on the the 12 and 19 August

    +1 to no calls

    <francois> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: no call on 5/12/19 August

    <francois> +1

    +1

    <SeanP> +1

    RESOLUTION: no call on 5/12/19 August

    fd: jo, you'll announce the new draft 1o, right?

    jo: yes, sure

    fd: [slaps TF on the back!]

    -- Adjourned --

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 29 July 2008 14:48:14 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:06:29 UTC