ACTION-812 Dig in the archives to check reason not to mention content types in the list of heuristics

From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:07:09 +0200
To: public-bpwg-ct <public-bpwg-ct@w3.org>

Hi,

This is more a reminder than a real action.
We had forgotten why we had decided not to mention any specific
Content-Type in the list of heuristics (are we getting old?)

I did a quick search this morning:
  http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-bpwg-minutes.html#item02
... based on the now closed ACTION-725 on Sean.

In short, we agreed that Content-Type being a "broken" mechanism in
practice (text/html vs application/xhtml+xml for instance), and the list
of the Content-Types we could list being rather short, we would simply
mention "Content-Type" as a heuristic without explicitly mentioning
possible values, and rather focus on DOCTYPEs.

I think the mention of the Content-Type application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml in
3.2.3.1 goes in the same direction: "don't add to the mess of
Content-Types".

Francois.