Re: [wmlprogramming] Verizon, guidelines

 > I suggest you re-read section 4.1.5 of the CT document:
 >  http://www.w3.org/TR/ct-guidelines/#sec-altering-header-values

I am very familiar with this section. As I have argued in the past,
though, I think the only sensible thing to do is to remove clause 1,2
and 3 (particularly 2!) completely.
Those clauses represent loopholes which make it harder to demonstrate
that  this or that operator is in breach of CTG when they refer to CTG
(because of 4.1.5 clause 2, the operator can always argue that, after
all, the user wanted a web experience and this is still OK for W3C).

The value of CTG is the possibility for transcoder vendors to appear as
if their installations comply to W3C rules. For this reason, W3C must do
whatever it can to remove loopholes (like the three clauses in 4.1.5)
and avoid that the W3C name is used as a tool in the hands of those who
abuse the ecosystem and behave unfairly to other mobile stakeholders
(primarily content owners and mobile developers who may have a mobile
experience in place).

Luca