AJAX and CT Proxies

From: Sean Patterson <SPatterson@Novarra.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:27:25 -0500
To: "public-bpwg-ct" <public-bpwg-ct@w3.org>
Re: our discussion of how to detect that a request is really an XHR.

According to this blog post:
http://www.dev411.com/blog/2006/06/30/should-there-be-a-xmlhttprequest-u
ser-agent, at least one of the JS libraries out there (Prototype) uses
the X-Requested-With header to indicate that the request is an XHR.
Evidently Dojo and MochiKit don't send any identifying headers at all,
although some people are manually adding some.  The author of the post
is proposing an "X-Ajax-Engine" to identify XHR requests.

This post is from 2006, so I'm not sure what the state of affairs is
currently, but I wanted to point out that there seem to be some other
people thinking about this issue.

Sean