W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-bpwg-ct@w3.org > September 2007

[minutes] Content Transformation Task Force, 2007-09-25

From: Jo Rabin <jrabin@mtld.mobi>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:08:16 +0100
Message-ID: <C8FFD98530207F40BD8D2CAD608B50B473278D@mtldsvr01.DotMobi.local>
To: <public-bpwg-ct@w3.org>


- DRAFT -
Please find attached minutes of the Task Force at [1] and as text below.
Apologies but the HTML version is not public accessible right at the
moment - will try to fix that.

Thanks
Jo

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-bpwg-minutes.html


Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference
25 Sep 2007

Agenda

See also: IRC log
Attendees

Present
    Rhys, Magnus, Rob, Jo, Aaron, Sean_(Patterson)
Regrets
Chair
    Rhys
Scribe
    andrew

Contents

    * Topics
         1. Problem Statement Document
         2. Guidelines document
    * Summary of Action Items

 

 

<trackbot-ng> Date: 25 September 2007

<jo> scribenick: andrew
Problem Statement Document

<jo> Issues and Actions on Problem Statement

Rhys: Open issues... 217

Jo: No strong views but preference is it is a good idea
... document would work better if each problem was followed by a
"therefore..." box

Magnus: would like to see it tried first

<jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: ISSUE-217 fold document together as suggested
to see what it looks like

<jo> -->
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/CT/editors-drafts/Probl
emStatement/070911 current draft

Magnus: happy with current structure

Jo: Need to make it clear that the problem statement is only a problem
statement, not a solution
... will try to fold together

<jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: ISSUE-217 fold document together as suggested
to see what it looks like

<jo> RESOLUTION: ISSUE-217 fold document together as suggested to see
what it looks like

<scribe> ACTION: Jo Redraft Problem Statement to combine problem and
solution pointers [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-563 - Redraft Problem Statement to combine
problem and solution pointers [on Jo Rabin - due 2007-10-02].

<jo> [closed ISSUE-217]

Rhys: ACTION-553 - close
... ISSUE-554 - complete?

Magnus: Recent email is response to ISSUE-554

Andrew: Was ISSUE-554 wrongly drafted - should be for the Guidelines?

Magnus: No, thinks the contribution about use of HTTP protocol should be
in the problem statement

Jo: (checking minutes) happy to combine with Problem Statement

Magnus: Email was to replace most of section 2.2

Rhys: Sounds reasonable to combine
... we can close ACTION-554

<scribe> ACTION: Jo Fold use of HTTP protocol into Problem Statement
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-564 - Fold use of HTTP protocol into
Problem Statement [on Jo Rabin - due 2007-10-02].

<jo> [close ACTION-555]

<jo> :-)

Andrew: Very happy with current Problem Statement

Rhys: Looking at feedback from others

<jo> -->
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-ct/2007Sep/0024.html
Nigel Choi's Feedback

Rhys: Any comments on Nigel Choi's feedback

Magnus: Lots of interesting points that should go into the Guidelines

Rhys: Several people have mistaken the Problem Statement for a solutions
docuement

Jo: Should take feedback about document clarity carefully
... could add an abstract to the document

Rhys: That would help

<jo> [jo will add text to abstract and to introduction to clarify that
this is a "Problem Statement"]

<scribe> ACTION: Jo Add an abstract to the Problem Statement to clarify
the purpose of the document [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-bpwg-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-565 - Add an abstract to the Problem
Statement to clarify the purpose of the document [on Jo Rabin - due
2007-10-02].

Jo: Suggest that we treat Nigel's feedback as an issue

Rhys: Suggest that we do the same for Brian Sullivan's feedback

Magnus: ACTION-565 - document already has an abstract

Jo: My note captures action intent

Rhys: Brian's feedback from experience in AT&T
... interesting information about why masquerading is required
... much will be useful in the Guidelines document

<jo> [Raised ISSUE-220 on Nigel Choi's Feedback - against Guidelines]

<Rhys>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-ct/2007Sep/0027.html

<jo> [Raised ISSUE-221 on Bryan Sullivan's Feedback, against Problem
Statement]
Guidelines document

<jo> --> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/products/12
Guidelines Issues and Actions

Rhys: ISSUE-218 - timescales

Andrew: Would like to see a target date of end of 2007 for Guidelines

Rhys: Should aim for published draft by next tech plenary meeting w/c
5/11/07 in Boston

Jo: Should be earlier than that

Rhys: We will have to do a formal last call working draft for comments
from public
... before that a few steps. Then we must receive and process these
comments
... We need to have done a draft immediately after Boston face-to-face
in mid November

Jo: If we have a draft in w/c 29/10 we could have another in w/c 12/11

Rhys: 1st working draft can be last-call draft

Jo: Last-call draft indicates to public that the task force is "done"

Rhys: From experience, last-call draft tends to stimulate public comment
... From experience, last-call draft tends to stimulate public comment

Jo: We should aim for one working draft before last-draft

Andrew: Could we have a weekly conf call to help this along?

Jo: Yes but need agreement from team of commitment

Rhys: Could we get a working draft within a month?

SeanPatterson: Will do my best

Magnus: Very busy in next two weeks but will do best

Rhys: Lets have a go and attempt to get a draft out before 29/10

<jo> ACTION: JO to find out when pub moratorium is and publish proposed
calendar on TF home page [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-bpwg-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-566 - Find out when pub moratorium is and
publish proposed calendar on TF home page [on Jo Rabin - due
2007-10-02].

Rhys: Need contributions by 22/10 to allow editing that week

<jo> Suggested dates are 1st PWD w/c 29 Oct, 2nd PWD w/c 12th Nov?, LCWD
3rd week Dec

Rhys: ISSUE-218 closed

<jo> ACTION: Rhys to arrange call every week till the TP in early Nov
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-bpwg-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-567 - Arrange call every week till the TP
in early Nov [on Rhys Lewis - due 2007-10-02].
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Jo Add an abstract to the Problem Statement to clarify the
purpose of the document [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-bpwg-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Jo Fold use of HTTP protocol into Problem Statement
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Jo Redraft Problem Statement to combine problem and
solution pointers [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: JO to find out when pub moratorium is and publish proposed
calendar on TF home page [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-bpwg-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Rhys to arrange call every week till the TP in early Nov
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/25-bpwg-minutes.html#action05]
Received on Tuesday, 25 September 2007 15:08:35 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:10:36 GMT