RE: Editorial comments on landscape document

Dom

Thanks for these points.

Wrt "The guidelines should address how ..." as a matter of fact this is
how I originally wrote them but it seemed tedious in the extreme to read
this prose on each statement. In the end I thought the difference boiled
down to the difference between saying:

Consumers must be able to find out what's in the jam

and

Jam Jars must state information that allows users to find out what's in
the Jam.

But then it's not the Jam Jar that says it, so:

The labels on Jam Jars must state information that allows users to find
out what's in the Jam.

Or worse

The writing on the labels on Jam Jars must ...

Etc.

If we are basically talking about food labelling, then the first seems
perfectly adequate. In this context we are talking about requirements of
the Guidelines.

But that said, I have no especially strong feeling, and if it makes it
clearer ...

Jo

---
Jo Rabin
mTLD (http://dotmobi.mobi)

mTLD Top Level Domain Limited is a private limited company incorporated
and registered in the Republic of Ireland with registered number 398040
and registered office at Arthur Cox Building, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin
2.