RE: ISSUE-227 (When is new technology "new technology"?): How Useful will the CT Guidelines Doc be, without extensions to HTTP? [Content Transformation Guidelines]

Hi Heiko

Thanks for this - a couple of things:

First, Phil's Archer (POWDER) is a great advocate of the Link header, as
am I, I suppose. However, while it _is_ in RFC 2068 as noted in the
POWDER document, it is _not_ in RFC 2616 which obsoletes RFC 2068.

See section 19.3 (Changes) where it says:

"The Alternates, Content-Version, Derived-From, Link, URI, Public and
Content-Base header fields were defined in previous versions of this
specification, but not commonly implemented."

Second, apologies but this discussion should be taking place on the
public-bpwg-ct list, and I am trying to move it there.

All best
Jo

On