FW: ACTION-606 (was RE: Action 606/607)

Oops, wrong list.

________________________________

From: Jo Rabin
Sent: 06 December 2007 09:26
To: 'Gerlach, Heiko, VF-Group'; member-bpwg@w3.org
Subject: ACTION-606 (was RE: Action 606/607)

Heiko

Thanks for this. I think the distinction needs to be made. However, in general I think that having the proxy remember one-time URIs is fraught with difficulties, especially if it means ignoring no-cache directives. I think the situation you describe needs to be dealt with at the server, by it setting a no-transform directive in the Cache-Control header.

I'm still puzzled by what you envisage the precise mechanism for "reload" to be, but perhaps this is a moot point if we agree that proxies should not cache the original in these circumstances.

Jo