Comments about the limitations of Data URIs and why I believe you should avoid them

From: Ronny Orbach <r@ronnyo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 16:05:25 +0200
To: public-bpwg-comments@w3.org
Hi everyone,
I was bummed to see I've missed the publication of the "Mobile Web
Application Best Practices" document in a week - I have strong opinions
about the matter and I think the clause about the matter in the spec is
problematic as it isn't clear enough about the drawbacks of the technique.

Here's an English version of my post on the matter. I'd love any feedback:
http://frontend.co.il/avoid-data-uris-en/

Thanks,
  Ronny Orbach
  Metacafe