Re: CTG: HTTPS URL rewriting

We already note that this is a problem in general and not a mobile
specific problem. We are clearly in favour of the idea of two party
consent for interception of HTTPS, but we don't know how to do it.

Since we don't know how to do it, I question the value in making a
normative provision that seems to be non-testable. I could see more
value in requiring a conformance statement which is in fact already
required as a result of the NOT RECOMMENDED part of 4.2.9.3.

I think there is already sufficient normative wording regarding the
requirement for a conforming proxy to insert a Via header, so that
applications for which this is important are able to detect the presence
of a conforming proxy.

In summary, we know that there is no satisfactory answer to this and I
am unsure that further elaboration would achieve much.

Jo