Comments on "Content Transformation Guidelines 1.0"

From: Barry Leiba <leiba@watson.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 08:35:49 -0400
To: public-bpwg-comments@w3.org

To the W3C Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group:

The Internet Architecture Board has reviewed the subject document, and notes that
it has previously reviewed related work done in the IETF in the Open Pluggable
Edge Services (OPES) Working Group.  In its preview and review of OPES work, the
IAB expressed its concerns about privacy, control, monitoring, and accountability
of such services in RFC 3238 [ http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3238 ].

We have no specific architectural concerns with the "Content Transformation
Guidelines" document as written; it does seem to take into account the questions
raised during the OPES discussions.  We would like, though, to make that explicit
by specifically documenting that you reviewed and considered the issues in RFC
3238.

Barry Leiba, for the Internet Architecture Board ( http://iab.org )