Re: transcoders bad

(Having sat in the editor's chair, I know it would be much
appreciated, and far more likely to get your desired changes
reflected, to condense this into concrete changes to the document.
This is an excellent constructive discussion but even I am unclear on
what exactly is being proposed as changes.)