Re: Comments on Content Transformation Guidelines?

From: Luca Passani <passani@eunet.no>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 01:04:54 +0200
To: public-bpwg-comments@w3.org

Sean Owen wrote:
> Why would the origin server care whether it's dealing with a
> transcoder, with regard to HTTPS? I understand the other objections to
> it in general. From an HTTPS perspective, nothing's wrong. The origin
> server isn't the one that cares about dealing with problem we agree on
> -- it's the client.

I think you are mistaken here. I have talked to people who take HTTPS
seriously (banks) and they all agree that what transcoders are doing is
not acceptable. What I hope is that they will make their voice heard
here (it's not like the whole world is looking at you, but the CTG may
come as a nasty surprise to many at a later stage)

Luca