Parsing of Refresh header/meta http-equiv in mobileOK

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 17:38:17 +0100
To: Sean Owen <srowen@google.com>, Jo Rabin <jrabin@mtld.mobi>
Cc: public-bpwg-comments <public-bpwg-comments@w3.org>

Hi,

The current test for AutoRefresh is rather vague in how the parsing of
the Refresh header (or its markup version) should be done; it talks
about "the URI specified as part of the content attribute" which assume
there is well-known format for this specification.

I think we need to spell out what we assume is going to be parsed; a
typical refresh header looks like:
<META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="10; URL=http://example.org/" />
but mobileOK doesn't say what to do when there is no number, when there
is only a URL, when there is space in this, etc.

I think a simple RegExp would fit the bill; the checker currently
assumes that anything that goes after the first "=" sign is going to be
interpreted as a URL, which might be a bit too encompassing... On the
contrary, it doesn't deal with the case where there is only a URL (and
no = sign) - which I confess I don't know how browsers react to.

Dom