Re: Last Call on mobileOK Basic Tests [deadline extended!]

From: Roland Gülle <roland@7val.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:06:13 +0100
To: public-bpwg-comments@w3.org

Sorry for my last minute response:

[DEFAULT_INPUT_MODE]
Why I have to use a inputmode attribute, when I send a XHTML/MP 1.0
page?
Only when you use XHTML Basic 1.1 (or other Markups that supports the
inputmode attribute), the attribute should be checked.
Today, most devices supports XHTML MP and not XHTML Basic 1.1 (still
a Working Draft).

[STYLE_SHEETS_USE]
       If the document contains any basefont, bdo, center, del, dir,
font, ins, menu, s, strike or u elements, FAIL
This is correct, but is this not part of the markup validation?
If so, why is there no DOCTYPE test?

      If any element has a style attribute, warn
Why don't use style attributes on input boxes like:
   <input type="text" name="number" value="" style="-wap-input-
format:NN" />
if you use a special textbox only on a special page?

      If the document contains a CSS style element but no externally
linked CSS Style, warn
Why I should only use externally linked CSS Styles? If I use special
CSS information on one separate page only,
why I have to add them in the 'default' or separate  external CSS?

Cheers,
  Roland