Re: Comments on WD-mobileOK-basic10-tests-20070130

El jue, 08-03-2007 a las 12:12 +0000, Kai Hendry escribió:
> On 2007-03-07T13:07+0100 Jose Manrique Lopez de la Fuente wrote:
> > I am sure that UAs can do the right thing but, how much would it cost in
> > terms as:
> > - Device power consumption
> > - Time to load
> > - Money (time or Kb use to cost some $$$)
> > If smart UAs can do it, I am sure that smart server side technologies
> > can do it.
>
> Smart UAs and 'smart server side technologies' are coupled and best
> practice. Opera uses a proxy of some sort I think to save power, time
> and money for example.

Yes, Opera Mini (not just Opera) is a nice combination of both
technologies (server&client), but you are "forcing" (somehow) the user
to use a browser that maybe is not installed in their device (not only
phones) and maybe is not available for their device. So why not put that
client technology in the server and let the user use any browser
available?

I am not telling that proxy+browser is a bad thing, but that freedom to
choose is important and in any case I should get a good experience with
any alternative as default and let the companies (like Opera) to improve
the user experience with some added value.

Best regards,

--
José Manrique López de la Fuente <manrique.lopez@fundacionctic.org>
Fundación CTIC (Centro Tecnológico de la Información y las Comunicaciones)