Re: Comments on WD-mobileOK-basic10-tests-20070130

On 07.03.2007, at 22:43, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 20:17:20 +0100, Timur Mehrvarz
> <timur.mehrvarz@web.de> wrote:
>> A specification can explicitly forbid a group of (enduser)
>> applications to be forgiving about Non-Well-Formed-XML documents?
>> A type of document it otherwise doesn't even talk about?
>
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/xml/#dt-fatal

I say it again. For tools, etc. this is just fine. But for certain
types of enduser applications, it should be relaxed. This would make
sense and, as mentioned before, it is already widely implemented this
way. Ideally, apps would show a little warning, somewhere, if
processed documents are not valid XML (but insist they are).

Timur