Re: Comments on WD-mobileOK-basic10-tests-20070130

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 09:44:28 +0100, Timur Mehrvarz <timur.mehrvarz@web.de>
wrote:
> It is good idea to educate authors about the advantages of XML
> conformant content. It is also good, for mobile phones (and desktop GUI
> applications) to be rather forgiving about possible document structure
> issues. In particular, when document viewing apps deal with remote
> documents. For the Web to evolve and become more mobile friendly, is
> also a good thing.

I very much agree! However, the XML specification explicitly forbids this.
And we should try to follow the specifications, I think, otherwise it
becomes a mess. Then again, maybe that already happened due to the other
mobile browsers out there... One way forward would be defining a version
of XML that has explicit error recovery rules for user agents to follow.
(So that basically you can deterministically create an XML document from
any string.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>