Default input mode: checking the value is one of the allowed values

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:54:37 +0100
To: public-bpwg-comments@w3.org

Hi,

It occurred to me that while mobileOK is encouraging the use of the
inputmode attribute [1], it doesn't make any check that the actual value
of the inputmode matches what XHTML Basic 1.1 allows:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml-basic-20060705/#s_inputmode

It is also pretty important given that the DTD doesn't actually enforce
these values.

(I know the last call period has been closed for a few weeks now; I
would still appreciate if the group could consider my comment despite
this)

Thanks,

Dom

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/mobileOK-basic10-tests/#test_default_input_mode