Re: xhtml basic?

Oops, this has dragged on a while.

Hi Justin,

we are actually looking at this issue at the moment. Ideally you would use
XHTML 1.1 basic in general. Unfortunately, IE cannot handle XHTML properly
sent as XHTML, so you need to do something to cope with that (as in the
DEFICIENCIES best practice). If you can check for IE and send it text/html
instead of XHTML, it should be OK. (In practice it doesn't care if the
content is marked up as XHTML...) Or there are other alternatives.

I don't know what the end decision will be for MobileOK (since that relies
on things that work, and doesn't necessarily cover all the best practices)
but if you are using only tags that are in XHTML Basic you should have a
good start.

Cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com