Re: Default Delivery Context - Maximum Total Page Weight

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:17:30 +0200, Justin Thorp <juth@loc.gov> wrote:

> Was there research done or was it based on group members past
> experiences?

A mix of both.

> Is there a central repository that the group used with information on
> phones, their capabilities, and limitations?  If so, is it publicly
> accessible?

Thre is no one central repository used. The data held in WURFL (an
open-source collection of phone data) and in UAProf records (these are
things you can look up if you know them - a phone will typically say where
to find its record when it sends a request for a page, and I bekleve that
WURFL generally incoroporates the available data) was important. Companies
also hold data that they are not necessarily prepared to release, but I
don't think that was important in this case.

> Cheers,
> Justin Thorp
>
> PS - I really appreciate all the work of the Mobile Web Best Practices
> Working Group.  Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks :)

Cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com