Logo comment for mobileOK 1.0 Working Draft

From: Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:58:07 -0700
To: public-bpwg-comments@w3.org
Hello,

In the mobileOK 1.0 draft, label [1] appears to be the source of
authenticity. Have you considered a lightweight text-based logo styled
in CSS? From 1.4.3 Visual Representation [2]:

  "Content which bears a mobileOK label may optionally advertise this
   by displaying a mobileOK logo (to be produced)..."

The example below condensed is about 200 bytes. A CSS expert can improve
on that no doubt. :-). I don't know if the mobileOK mark is meant to be
a service mark, or a trademark or if the strings would need to be
protected by patent, copyright or trade or service mark registration.
Apologies in advance if I misunderstood, and the spec means that the
logo itself needs to be hard to forge.

<a id="mobileOK"
   href="http://www.example.com/mobileOK/#id4485358">mobileOKā„¢</a>

a#mobileOK {