Internet Media Types [resend to public-bpwg-comments]

From: Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 18:03:40 -0700
To: public-bpwg-comments@w3.org
Hello,

Congratulations on your First Public Working Draft [1] for mobileOK. A
comment for 2.2:

   "If the document's MIME type, as specified in the HTTP response
   Content-Type header, is not application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml or
   application/xhtml+wml , FAIL"

These are called Internet Media Types (rather than MIME I think) and are
not registered. Are you planning to register them?

I am not an expert but am checking to see if mobileOK requires XHTML
Basic and Basic requires application/xhtml+xml.

   "If the document's DOCTYPE's PUBLIC identifier is not an XHTML
   Basic identifier (at present, "-//W3C//DTD XHTML Basic 1.1//EN" or
   "-//W3C//DTD XHTML Basic 1.0//EN"), FAIL"

In case the references help, the topic came up in March of 2004 on two
different W3C lists [2,3].

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-mobileOK-20060712/
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2004Mar/0001
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2004Mar/0000