Summary of statements

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 08:15:10 +0100
To: <public-bpwg-comments@w3.org>
Cc: "'Richard Ishida'" <ishida@w3.org>

I feel the presentation of the free-standing summary of statements could be improved.

I find the text on the blue/green background much harder to read than the blue text on white background. For people scanning, that is exactly the wrong way around, I think.  In fact, even when trying to read in detail, I keep finding my eye pulled away from the actual statements to the - what are those, anyway?

I would be inclined to make this into a proper list <ol>, remove the background highlight, or at least significantly lighten it, make the text itself the link, and move the capitalized text to the end of the list item.  Also, add a (v brief) description of what the capitalized stuff is to the page.

Hope that helps,
RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead