RE: Accessibility document [PROVIDE_DEFAULTS]

From: Miguel Garcia <miguel.garcia@fundacionctic.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:25:06 +0700
To: public-bpwg-access@w3.org

I've had a comment regarding the way Page Valet reports WCAG
accessibility warnings. My correspondent[1] thinks it should
mention any WCAG points that are untested, as this is how some
other accessibility tools work and it makes Valet seems less complete[2].

As it stands, Page Valet will generate warnings when it detects an
error (or potential error). When it applies a test that is passed
it says nothing. When it doesn't apply a test, it says nothing.

Now the suggestion is that is should - conceptually - test every point
in the WCAG. In cases like #14.1/etc that self-evidently can't be
tested by any tool, it should issue a nag message - whatever page
is being tested.

Now, I have several reasons not to apply this kind of completeness.
But maybe I'm missing the wider view.

--
-- GoldED/386 2.42.G0614+

I will try to live with love... with dreams... and forever with tears...
http://www.w9statistics.org