Re: SV: Questions about TBX to RDF handling

Dear Peter, all,

  indeed,
https://github.com/cimiano/tbx2rdf/blob/master/ontology/tbx.owlis an old
version of the ontology that is not maintained anymore.

On the versioning information: If some entries are revised or deleted,
one could add Transactions modelled Activities (in the sense of the
Provenance Ontology) including information that this is a
DeletionActivity. One could add also a "MakeObsolete" Activity that
relates two terminological concepts. However, we have not thought too
deep about this. It could be interesting to extend the guidelines along
these lines. We would be happy to look into this. Can you send some
examples of what you want to represent?

The guidelines show an example how to represent transactions as PROV
Activities.

Of course, some status triples could be added directly to the
terminological concepts, but that does not replace making explicit the
history and provenance, e.g. who deleted the entry and why, who said
that some terminology concept makes another one obsolete etc.

The question is whether to do versioning *in* RDF or outside RDF:
depending on the use case, there are different answers I assume.

If one does versioning *in* RDF, then the terminological concept is
still there, in spite of having being deleted... there would be a
property added to mark it as deleted (something like tomb marker) and a
transaction describing the deletion activity. Is this the way you would
like to go?

Just for curiosity: why were you surprised to find these guidelines?
This comments surprises me ;-)

Greetings,

Philipp

Am 02.10.15 um 17:14 schrieb Peter Svanberg:

> Q1: So I should usehttp://tbx2rdf.lider-project.eu/tbx# ? (Now
> dereferenceable, good!)
>
> Q2: I found an OWL file at
> https://github.com/cimiano/tbx2rdf/blob/master/ontology/tbx.owl
>
> Q3 (new): I just read in
> http://www.ttt.org/oscarStandards/tbx/tbx_oscar.pdf
> <http://www.ttt.org/oscarStandards/tbx/tbx_oscar.pdf> that
>
> Any enclosed markup shall have any start-tag characters ("<") or
> ampersands (&) converted into their respective entities, &lt; and
> &amp; (8.6.2)
>
> but if I do that in my example
>
> <descrip type="definition">kommersiell &lt;hi>verksamhet&lt;/hi> som
> drivs under ordnade former</descrip>
>
> it breaks your conversion service
> (http://tbx2rdf.lider-project.eu/converter/tbx2rdf.html, “An ERROR has
> happened”).
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter Svanberg

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
AG Semantic Computing
Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
Universität Bielefeld

Tel: +49 521 106 12249
Fax: +49 521 106 6560
Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de