Re: [bpmlod] Guidelines for converting BabelNet as Linguistic Linked Data

Hi Felix,

  do you have a pointer to the ITS spec?

Best regards
,
Philipp.

Am 23.05.14 19:42, schrieb Jorge Gracia:
> Hi Felix,
>
> Yes, I think that exploring the commonalities of both models makes a
> lot of sense. Not sure if they have to be merged , but I have the
> feeling that our lemon module could largely reuse ITS for some things.
> At the ontolex group we will treat the variation/translation module
> again at some point, I think. That would be a good opportunity to
> explore the role of ITS. I will keep you updated!
>
> Regards,
> Jorge

> <mailto:fsasaki@w3.org>>:
>
>     Hi Jorge and all,
>
>     would it make sense to ask the ontolex group and the ITS IG to
>     merge their models? Otherwise there would be a confusing
>     situation: two models for the same purpose.
>
>     The issues are probably details. I saw e.g. in the paper that
>     there is a translationConfidence OW property. It looks similar to
>     mtConfidence in ITS, but there are details ideally to merge like
>     what data type to use, whether to require relating confidence
>     value to information about translation tools (because auto
>     generated values cannot be interpreted without) etc.
>
>     Best,
>
>     Felix
>
>     Am 23.05.2014 um 15:48 schrieb Jorge Gracia <jgracia@fi.upm.es
>     <mailto:jgracia@fi.upm.es>>:
>
>>     Dear Tiziano, Roberto
>>
>>     You could also consider using the lemon translation module to
>>     represent explicit translations as linked data. This is currently
>>     under development in the ONTOLEX group but there is a lemon-based
>>     version already available, that I will present at LREC next week
>>     [1]. The idea is reifying the translation relation so you can
>>     attach additional information to it (source, target, confidence,
>>     provenance, etc.) [2]
>>
>>     Regards,
>>
>>     Jorge
>>
>>     [1]
>>     http://ra.cps.unizar.es:8080/PUBLICATIONS/attachedFiles/document/LREC2014_translations_V11.pdf
>>     [2] http://purl.org/net/translation#

>>     <mailto:dave.lewis@cs.tcd.ie>>:
>>
>>         Roberto, Tiziano,
>>         Thanks for that.
>>
>>         Have you considered already how you might allow third parties
>>         to QA and perhaps correct those translations? That is, some
>>         sort of process by which proposed MT translations between
>>         senses can be promoted to more authoritative, human checked
>>         translations, and marked as such?
>>
>>         The ITS text analytics and/or terminology data categories,
>>         which also have confidence scores could be useful for
>>         annotating such a process:
>>         http://www.w3.org/TR/its20/#textanalysis
>>         http://www.w3.org/TR/its20/#terminology
>>
>>         To enable such checking and progression in the
>>         authoritativeness of senses in different languages, it is
>>         important that you record what senses are a translation of
>>         what other senses.
>>
>>         In relation to the senses that are extracted from Wikipedia
>>         interlanguage links. Do you consider those 'translations',
> [...]

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano

Phone: +49 521 106 12249
Fax: +49 521 106 12412
Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de

Forschungsbau Intelligente Systeme (FBIIS)
Raum 2.307
Universität Bielefeld
Inspiration 1
33619 Bielefeld