Re: [bpmlod] type of LRs resources for the guidelines

On 23/05/2014 15:27, Jorge Gracia wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Yes, we can wait for more feedback from LD4LT to go further with corpora
> and terminologies. As for corpora, I included your suggested separation in
> the wiki table
> https://www.w3.org/community/bpmlod/wiki/Guidelines_for_LD_generation_of_Language_resources_-_previous_notes
>
> Regards,
> Jorge

Hi bpmlod people,

I follow the progress of the bpmlod community with a
watchful eye - though I have been quite passive todate.
I am intrigued by the latest reports - especially:

Re: Report and recommendations for converting BabelNet as Linguistic
Linked Data and it's adoption of Lemon (all news to me, thanks)

Section 2 ends:

> Issues: BabelNet does not currently provide all word forms for a
> lemma, resulting therefore in a duplication of information ...

Q: Would there be any mileage in looking at NOOJ to help here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NooJ

Nooj seems well respected by working linguist from various
language communities and it has evolved into an open source
code-base in recent years.
Nooj has the great advantage that it can be
made to represent/recognise all word forms for a lemma - in a
deterministic, computer-readable form.
It's not an XML representation  but it seems comprehensive for
non- ideogrammatic texts.
It's syntax might be the basis for BabelNet representation.

Perhaps there is an alternative representations that might be
more ready of the Multilingual Web, you know of ?

best regards

Gavin Brelstaff
CRS4 - Sardinia - gjb @ crs4.it