Re: Workflows for localizing RDF (Fwd: Fwd: "Organization Ontology" Japanese translation available)

Hi Felix, Jose,
Jose is correct, that it is difficult and probably not realistic to aim
all the time for universal best practice that applies in all use cases.
Instead we need to do some work in categorising the different use cases
types and then use that to frame the more detailed discussions about
specific best practices around annotations, formats, codes etc. So we
start with identifying best practice within explanations of the
different types of use cases where they may and may not be beneficial
9including what the benefits and possible drawback are)

For example, in
http://oa.upm.es/5178/1/A_Note_on_Ontology_Localization.pdf there is a
nice framing of the different areas of concern in localizing ontologies.
Capturing that briefly say under;
http://www.w3.org/community/bpmlod/wiki/Topic_classification#Localization_of_existing_vocabularies
would allow us then to drill down further into the issues in a more
focussed way.

Also, is now the time to start using the w3C issue tracker to help
manage the progress of different topics on the mailing list and in the
meetings? That can help people in the community to champion a particular
topic and drive discussions to a resolution over time.

Regards,
Dave