Re: Internationalized local names

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 00:28:03 +0500, Jose Emilio Labra Gayo
<jelabra@gmail.com> wrote:

> During today's meeting, there was an issue raised with one of the
> patterns/best practices.
>
> The pattern was called "Internationalized local names" to refer to
> examples where the domain name is restricted to ASCII characters while
> local names allow Unicode characters like:
>

> The question that was raised was about the definition of local names.

There are a couple of possible variations:

http://example.org/ascii-path#Õ€Õ¡ÕµÕ¡Õ½Õ¿Õ¡Õ¶

would mean we are talking about a "Fragment".

Alternatively we might mean something like

http://example.org/Õ€Õ¡ÕµÕ¡Õ½Õ¿#Õ¡Õ¶

In which case we have localised "Path" and "Fragment"

> I am not aware of a concise definition of local names in this context.

There are various URL specs. In this case I think RFC 3986 gives
definitions that we can happily use.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986#section-3

cheers

Chaals